Through the Mail-Bill Mazeroski

 It has been close to two weeks since I have received a through the mail return, so I was pleasantly surprised to see my own writing on an envelope in my mailbox.  That meant a self addressed stamped envelope (filled out by me) had a card inside.  I looked at the stamped city of origin and saw it was in Pennsylvania, so kind of assumed it was going to be former Pirates legend Bill Mazeroski. It turned out, I was correct.  I had sent a canvas style Upper Deck card hoping it would give the card and autograph a dated feel, but I'm not super thrilled with how it came out.  It doesn't look bad, but the auto did bleed a bit into the card because of the texture on the card.  That mistake is entirely on me and I will likely start avoiding the canvas style cards for future through the mail requests. 

This card is my second Bill Mazeroski item, as a few years ago I did send in to a signing he was doing and got a baseball signed with a Hall of Fame inscription.  To reminisce with me, click the link here.

Thank you as always for taking the time to read my posts.  I do appreciate all the support and hope I help some people get into this hobby.  Any time there are questions, please feel free to post comments. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

John Elway

Joe Montana