Through the Mail-Tony LaRussa

 I took a calculated 'risk' about twenty days ago in sending a card to Spring Training to try and procure an autograph from Major League Hall of Fame manager Tony LaRussa.  With the Covid protocols going on and hearing mixed messages about whether or not players/staff would sign, I sent a card anyway.  It's important to note that I have not sent an autograph request to a team facility since I was a child, and I've never sent anything to Spring Training.  I looked up the address to the White Sox training facility in Arizona and sent the card.  Today, I saw a return envelope with my name on it postmarked from Phoenix, so had an inkling who this return might be coming back from.  Lo and behold, it was an autographed card of the 2020 Allen & Ginter I'd sent. 

This appears to confirm that some of the autograph requests are in fact making it to the players and staff and not being returned to sender as I heard some of the cards were being.

I will not be sending any other cards to Spring training in 2021, however.

Thank you for reading.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

John Elway

Joe Montana