Cracking packs-2020 Bowman Chrome Master Box

 I'm going to preface this by saying the following post is about a sealed product that I just spent more money on than any other sealed sports cards I have ever bought.  Through the recommendation of my friend Ian, I went to a local sports card store (there aren't many around) in Escondido called The Honey Hole.  This is a newer store that opened late last year, and they filled a void in this area because we don't have a lot of local card stores in the north San Diego County area.  Pay their website a visit here. After talking to the guy at the counter for around thirty minutes, I decided to splurge a bit and pay for a $275 box of 2020 Bowman Chrome.  This box guarantees two autographs, and having not seen this product with my own eyes in a retail store in a long time, I bought some.  Since this is an autograph blog first and foremost, I'll start with the two autographs, one of which ended up easily being my biggest hit at this point in time. Rangers outfield prospect Bayron Lora is an 18 year old international prospect.  I've seen him as one of the coveted hits in this product on various card opening Youtube videos.  To see possible immediate value, check out some of his Ebay comps

*I was informed while writing this blog that this kid Bayron was in a very serious car crash in the Dominican Republic and is in serious condition so I wish him well.

Since this box guaranteed two autographs, I was eagerly anticipating who the second might be.  It ended up being a Yankee, which is usually a plus value wise.  This time, it was their outfield prospect Anthony Garcia. 

While this card doesn't really hold much in current value, you never really know how these prospects at these young ages will pan out.  Even though it's likely these kids will never even make it to the bigs, there is always that chance they not only make it but become big stars, in which case the prices of these cards skyrocket.  A nice bonus was that they are both their 1st Bowman as well. 

I had three other "hits" in terms of color cards.  I had a purple refractor (un-numbered) of young Cardinals hitter Dylan Carlson.  I opened a green refractor rookie card (numbered to 99) of Rays infielder Yoshi Tsutsugo.  I also opened a refractor of Ronald Acuna (numbered to 499). 



I did also get base rookie cards of Trent Grisham, Kyle Lewis, and Yordan Alvarez.  The Honey Hole is a store I will make my way back to in the future.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

John Elway

Joe Montana