Through the Mail-Mark Spitz

 My most recent through the mail return came from an athlete outside of the main American sports that I typically send my requests to. Usually I will send my requests to players in the five major sports, but in the past I have gone outside that realm and sent to some golfers and drivers. Yesterday saw my first success from an Olympic champion, nine time gold medal winner Mark Spitz, the American swimmer. For the younger crowd, Mr. Spitz was Michael Phelps before Michael Phelps. 

As I have mentioned in the past, I like to send my requests almost exclusively to Hall of Fame athletes, and I consider Mark Spitz to be in that category. I found out that Allen & Ginter had a card of Mr. Spitz, and as I have in the past with Brandi Chastain and Mario Andretti, I chose this one to be signed. As you can see above, the result is a very solid looking card. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

John Elway

Joe Montana