Through the Mail-Bobby Orr

I have appreciated every single mail request I've received from every athlete that has returned one to me. Almost every one of the requests I send out goes to a Hall of Famer in their respective sport, or at the very least someone that is elite at what they do. That being said, every now and again I get a return that gets the heart pumping more than others, and I got one of those returns yesterday. NHL legend Bobby Orr signed and returned a card to me. By legend I mean Mt. Rushmore of hockey level of legend. Number two on the all time NHL list behind Wayne Gretzky. I had chosen a 130 pt thickness Upper Deck card numbered to 249. 





I went to Bobby's website and prepaid for a send in card. They emailed me when the card was being mailed back and it took about five days from that point. As you can see, it comes with authentication from Great North Road with matching serial number.

As an aside, I get a lot of questions about fees etc for certain athletes. I am constantly surprised about the amount of people out there that refuse to pay a fee for some of the athletes they are requesting signatures from. Why on earth would a guy like Bobby Orr NOT have a significant fee? It just baffles me that collectors complain about it. This is not a cheap hobby. If you can't afford it, pick a different one. At the very least, go after the free guys that cost you nothing other than a stamp and your own card. Expecting the all timers not to set you back some cash makes no sense to me though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

John Elway

Joe Montana