Through the Mail-Doug Gilmour

 This past Friday, my second Canadian success came back through the mail. I sent this card to Hockey Hall of Famer Doug Gilmour back on February 9th, and it took just a bit under a month to come back to me signed. Mr. Gilmour was one of the elite two way centers of his time, winning the Selke Trophy in the 1992-93 season. Incidentally, that was the season my LA Kings defeated the Toronto Maple Leafs in the Campbell Conference Finals. The Campbell Conference was the precursor to what is currently the Western Conference in the NHL. In my letter to Mr. Gilmour, I told him my current favorite player Anze Kopitar reminded me of his style of play. The two way centers are still to this day extremely underrated as opposed to the offense first players.  I really like the look of this card signed;

Knowing that I have been successful on a couple of my attempts north of the border has given me the encouragement to continue to send to more hockey Hall of Famers, many of whom do live in Canada and until recently remained out of my TTM request comfort zone.

Thank you for reading as we close in on 40,000 page clicks. Reminder, if you subscribe to this blog you are eligible for my giveway.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

John Elway

Joe Montana