Opening Sealed Product-Topps Heritage 2022 Hobby Box

 Anyone that has followed along with this blog may remember that I had pretty good success with Topps Heritage baseball 2021. One of the first couple of blaster boxes I opened contained a Vlad Guerrero Jr. auto and I really liked the way it looked on the product. I'd previously not really considered myself a fan of the vintage style product but the auto changed my mind. It also helps that Heritage is always one of the most affordable products on the market. Due to these factors, I bought a hobby box of the newly released 2022 off eBay over the weekend and it came in yesterday. In the very first pack, I pulled the indicator that it would be one of the 'hot boxes' that Heritage sends out. It was a purple chrome card and in these boxes, Topps will put one in every pack I opened. What I did not expect was that every one of the cards was either a star or a rookie. I even pulled the chase rookie, Rays shortstop Wander Franco. 

The other guarantee you get from these hobby boxes is that you will pull either one relic or one auto per box (on average). When I pulled a game used jersey relic of Padres star Manny Machado, I figured that was the end of any autograph hopes. However, a couple of packs later I noticed a card placed backwards in the pack and it ended up being this autograph.

This is a beautiful looking card and I will take a Hall of Famer like Tony Oliva every day and twice on Sunday. I realize the monetary value isn't the same as modern stars, but I collect Hall of Famers. The only 'problem' with this hit is I literally just sent Mr. Oliva a through the mail request the day before I pulled this card. I sent the 1972 Topps so now I'll have the '72 and the reprint of the 1973 Topps above. 

Overall, this was yet another successful box. Between the autograph, the relic, the Wander purple chrome RC (and base and rookie insert) and all the rest of the purple chrome cards I got (Ohtani, Vlad Jr., Pete Alonso, Juan Soto, etc) I more than got my value back. The Wander rookie chrome alone paid for the box.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

John Elway

Joe Montana