Through the Mail-Landon Donovan

 November has been a terrific hit rate month so far, as over the weekend my last two remaining TTM requests came back.  The first that I'm going to post about is the one I waited a longer time for, and that is of Landon Donovan, arguably the greatest US mens national team soccer player of all time.  Landon had a fantastic career, leading the LA Galaxy to multiple titles, getting loaned out to English Premier League club Everton, and starting his career well in the Bundesliga with Bayer Leverkusen.  At one point, he even had a brief spell and Bayern Munich, one of the world's giant clubs.  For those that don't know, when Landon was doing all of this, it came at a time when not many Americans if any had ever been able to get into that level of world soccer clubs.  He also scored some of the biggest goals is USMNT history in the World Cup.  I was excited to take the risk and send a card back in late July to the San Diego Loyal, a local lower tier club that he currently manages and co-founded. 

It was actually difficult finding a card I wanted to use for this autograph, so I ended up actually picking a card that is 130 pt, meaning it's pretty thick.  It actually made it more complicated to send through the mail, so I obviously would not have picked the card if I had known. The cool thing about it though is that it is numbered to 99.  The autograph came back in black sharpie, and looks good.  This one is definitely going to take another card's place in one of my displays.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

John Elway

Joe Montana