Various Winter Adds

As anyone who has either read my blog or actually is into this hobby can attest, the winter months can be an especially slow time for collecting signatures, especially when the main sport you collect is baseball.  There are major memorabilia shows going on nationally here and there, but those are expensive and very time consuming.  The one area where you can add a piece or two is by looking for good Black Friday or holiday deals from reputable companies.  I took advantage of one such deal by adding Brooks Robinson to my Hall of Fame baseball collection.
 
 
I had heard through the grapevine, or to be honest another guy's blog, that Target had some autographed baseballs for sale in which you buy a box and it has a random signature in it.  It was run by Leaf.  While at Target buying other things, I remembered I had read about this and decided to give it a shot and purchase one.  I pulled a Boog Powell with 4x All-star inscription.  My best reaction was "Meh", but it could have been worse.  Here is a link to the blog I referenceD, it's a very good read for those into the hobby who don't mind seeing a young kid spend tons of money; MC Autographs
 
In an earlier post I mentioned getting Albert Pujols at a signing event held at an optometrist's office.  The website for that practice is here; Dr. Liu.  I mention this because I happen to follow Dr. Liu on Facebook to see when he has more signings, and due to the fact he also has a lot of giveaways from past signings and/or professional athlete clients he has.  One such giveaway was an 11x14 photo signed by both Drew Doughty and Trevor Lewis of the LA Kings.  Let me reiterate again that the Kings are far and away my favorite team.  To win this giveaway one only had to comment why they are such a big Kings fan and deserve the autograph.  Well, I gave my spiel and the staff picked me, so I made the trek up to Rowland Heights and picked up my prize.  Here's a big shout out to Dr. Liu and his staff once again, and I would recommend them as a follow if you are so inclined.



2x Champs!
 
Lastly, as a Christmas gift my wife bought me an awesome acrylic UV protected case for 46 baseballs.  I've posted a photo of another case I already owned, so now I have two cases in my stairway with a total of 94 baseballs now displayed.  The new case is made up entirely of 28 signed baseballs from MLB hall of famers, plus guys who may well some day be in like Griffey, Jeter, Pujols, Hoffman, Bonds, Bagwell, Clemens, Trout, Kershaw, McGwire, etc.  The older case is now full of award winners and all star type players like Carlos Gonzalez, Joey Votto, Ian Kinsler, Jason Bay, Jose Canseco types.  Frankly, it's pretty awesome.  Thank you for reading!
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

John Elway

Joe Montana