Black Friday shopping

 I decided to stop by two stores the day after Thanksgiving.  My first stop was to Barnes & Noble, because I wanted to so see what signed books they had this year.  I ended up picking up four books.  The first one was I didn't expect to be there, which is a book signed by former NHL great and Hockey Hall of Famer Mark Messier.  'No one Wins Alone'. 


I'm still debating what to do with this.  The autograph above is very nice and clean.  I would typically cut the auto and frame it with a photo, similar to what I did with some actors like Tom Hanks and Jim Carrey.  However, signed Messier photos are not super expensive, so I'm debating the cost to final product value.

The second book I bought was a personal favorite of mine, as I am a huge fan of 'The Office'.  If you've read along with my blog before, you'll know I took a photo with Brian Baumgartner, the actor that plays Kevin in the show. I met him at a celebrity golf tournament here in San Diego some years ago, which you can read about here.  Brian just released a tell all behind the scenes book of the making of the show, and Barnes & Noble had a few signed versions of the book.


I'll end up leaving this book intact and keep it in my personal library.  The third book I bought was another actor, and it's a big name.  Jamie Foxx released a book called 'Act Like you Got Some Sense'.  The B&N store only had one signed copy of this remaining, and I didn't notice it until I was checking out with the other three because it was behind the sales counter.  This is another auto that will probably have to be cut and framed with a photo, since the signed book itself isn't selling for very much. 

Lastly, I bought a dual signed book of the Sopranos called 'Woke up this Morning'.  This book was signed by two actors who co-wrote the book, Michael Imperioli (Christopher Moltisanti) and Steve Schirripa (Bobby Baccalieri).  


This is a book that probably has more value to others than it does for me.  I will likely end up selling this on Ebay or somewhere else if I get a good offer on it.  

The other store I stopped at was Honey Hole Collectibles, the closest local card store to me, and a place I have talked about before.  I bought a 2021 Donruss Football H2 box for 20% off but ended up getting nothing from an autograph standpoint.  The cards I pulled were not real valuable either, so it ended up mostly being a bust.  My brother in law bought a a 2021 Football Classics box and ended up with a ridiculous box.  He pulled a Tom Brady 1 of 1, a Justin Herbert 2 of 5, a Patrick Mahomes to 35, and a Justin Fields rookie card to 99.  I obviously picked the wrong product to open.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

John Elway

Joe Montana