Random Additions to the Collection

 Since October was a bit of a slow month, I have added a handful of non big name additions, which I will share here.  The first I'll mention is of course a member of my favorite team in any sport, the Los Angeles Kings.  I actually had accumulated some Panni Rewards points and decided to cash those in to add Dustin Brown to my personal collection.  I now have all the main members of the Kings two Stanley Cup winning teams in my collection.  Anze Kopitar (puck, photo, card), Dustin Brown (Puck, card), Drew Doughty (puck, photo), and Jonathan Quick (card). 

This is a clean, on card auto so I couldn't pass it up. I think the premise of the 'Social Signatures' is a bit hokey but the card was from 2012, the first year the Kings won the Cup.  I'm happy to add this one.  

The other card I added was a Rookie Patch Auto, or RPA, of NBA former high pick Justice Winslow.  The kid didn't pan out as everyone expected, but to be honest with only 250 remaining rewards points, the pickings are slim in terms of talent.  Not many options out there exist of patch autos, let alone rookie cards, and a high picks at that end.  I doubt he will ever hit any illustrious heights but a free gamble was worth it in my mind.

One of the other adds I'm talking about is something I picked up off of Ebay, and it stays in the NBA world.  I picked up Panini Optic rookie auto of last year's first round pick Onyeka Okongwu.  I think this kid has a big upside as a big man and since he is hurt, is value is currently low.  I like the look of this card.  This is an on card auto as well.
Another add was from a Panini Prizm mega box I opened from Target.  It came with a guaranteed auto, and this one, while better than the Billy McKinney I posted about a few weeks ago, still wasn't great.  It's a pink (numbered to 50) Anderson Tejeda Rookie Autographs.  I don't believe that he's really the highest rated prospect, but if he ends up being a good player this will likely end up staying in my PC.  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

John Elway

Joe Montana