Through the Mail-Mario Andretti

 For the very first time, I have added a racing autograph to my collection.  I saw that racing legend Mario Andretti was someone people were having success with on through the mail requests, so I decided to send him something and see what happens.  I was actually able to find an Allen & Ginter card of his from a baseball set in 2007.  It took about five weeks before I received this in the mail over the weekend.

For those of you like me, who know little to nothing about racing other than recognizing some of the driver's names, I took a blurb off of wikipedia to help me outline Mr. Andretti's accomplishments;

Mario Gabriele Andretti is an Italian-born American former racing driver and one of the most successful Americans in the history of the sport. He is one of only three drivers to have won races in Formula One, IndyCar, World Sportscar Championship, and NASCAR. He also won races in midget cars and sprint cars


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

John Elway

Joe Montana