Cracking Packs-Topps Heritage 2021

 My daughter has really gotten into the collecting of cards with me, so since my trip to Target last week was so successful, I decided to give Topps Heritage another go and this time purchased a Hobby Box.  In a Hobby Box, you're guaranteed one auto or relic card.  Since Topps Heritage is on the affordable side, I decided to try and collect as many of these cards to make a set with my daughter.  We spent a couple hours yesterday putting the cards into a binder in their numbered order.  She had fun looking at the cards and then calculating which sleeve it would be put into.  

When the Hobby Box came in the mail, we actually took our time to look at each and every card and put them in the correct place, and it ended up taking close to an hour to do the entire box of 24 packs.  It was something I enjoy doing and allowed me to spend some bonding time with my daughter.  She is still young, so she still thinks looking at sports cards with dad is cool and fun to do.  I fully expect this to end sooner than later, but will enjoy it in the meantime. 

The best part of this box was that we did end up getting an autographed card and not a relic, which is always a good thing.  We pulled a Patrick Corbin auto.  It's not the best autograph you can get, but certainly not the worst either.  I really do like the look of the vintage style cards with an autograph.

The other hits in the box were mediocre.  We did find a chrome red boarder version of Matt Chapman (number 107/372), and a black boarder Miguel Rojas 'In Action' card.  We did not find any nickname, retro, or falling stars variants.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

John Elway

Joe Montana