Cracking Packs-2019 Bowman Chrome HTA Box

 I tend to think I am pretty good about being ahead of the curve when it comes to autographs and buying things for what I consider to be a good price.  That being said, I went against my better judgement and spent way too much recently on a 2019 Bowman Chrome box.  These boxes come with only three cards, and all are autographs.  I found this at the closest local card store to me, Honey Hole Collectibles, which I talked about a month ago on this very blog.  I also tend to have some decent luck when it comes to opening packs of cards, but this time the script was flipped and I pretty much got my ass handed to me from a value standpoint.  I got three prospects I have never heard of, and missed out on the big names in the set like Fernando Tatis Jr., Juan Soto, and Wander Franco.  Instead, I pulled Carlos Hernandez, Jared Oliva, and Jonathan Ornelas.  I suppose the one good thing was the Hernandez and Oliva cards were colored and numbered.  

Jared Oliva purple to 250

Carlos Hernandez green to 99

Jonthan Ornelas base


The cards themselves are very nice, and have a good aesthetic about them.  The autos are clean and on the card, which is always a plus though not mandatory for me as I've mentioned in the past.  However, the value of these three cards combined is probably 1/7th of what I actually paid.  I'll just say it was a difficult conversation with the wife when I told her what I bought.  Two of my three kids were with me in the car when I broke the news to her and they thought it was hilarious how I had to squirm.  I should have used the money on an autograph signing of a big name, at least it would have been something I could display.  

Thanks for reading and if you ever decide to purchase a box like this, don't say I didn't warn you.  It's extremely hit or miss and this was a miss of epic proportions. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

John Elway

Joe Montana