Through the Mail-Peyton Manning

 In the last ten days I've hit big on my through the mail send out three times.  The first was NBA Hall of Famer and Lakers/UCLA legend Gail Goodrich.  The second was the greatest NFL wide receiver of all time, Jerry Rice.  The third was arguably my happiest hit.  I've tried sending to NFL QB (and great TV commercial guy) Peyton Manning three times.  The first time was a couple years ago and the second time was earlier this year around the time the pandemic first hit.  Every time I have found a cheap card on Ebay that lends itself to a better signature if he were to sign in black sharpie, which he tends to do.  This third time I sent the letter to his foundation again, with the requested donation again, and on a Colts card in which he is wearing the away whites for autograph purposes.  I sent my third attempt around ten weeks ago so did not know what to expect.  Needless to say I was excited to see that in the mailbox one of my letters had come back and was post-marked from Denver.  

The white uniform was obviously the right choice.  The autograph is clear and legible and I couldn't have asked for a better result of this attempt.  I wouldn't have minded getting one of his pre-signed 3x5inch post cards back either, since it is still a Peyton Manning autograph, but I am definitely glad to have gotten back the card I sent.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

John Elway

Joe Montana