Football finds

 I found some signed NFL cards on Ebay, a couple of them costing only a couple bucks a piece.  The most expensive card, understandably so, was an autographed relic Antonio Gates card, with a little bit of the Charger's notorious powder blue jersey slabbed in the card.  

This Gates card is numbered 37/50 and is from 2020 Panini Illusions.  It actually looks better than this in person, because the colors really pop on it. 

The second card is from current Washington Football Team rookie back Antonio Gibson, who has arguably been the top rookie back from the 2020 class up to this point.  This is a 2020 Panini Elite card numbered 142/199.  This kid just tore up the Cowboys on Thanksgiving day so I wonder if it would have cost me more than $3.99 plus shipping if I had purchased it now instead of a couple weeks ago.  I considered this to be a cheap way of prospecting without having to deal with the exorbitant prices that the rookie QBs always fetch.
 
The third card was the cheapest, probably because it's a defender and he has been a bust thus far in his career.  I went back to the Chargers and took found an autographed 2020 Leaf Metal Draft card of linebacker Kenneth Murray. This card cost me two dollars, and I like the look of it so even if the kid continues to putter out as an NFL player, I consider it a free shot. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

John Elway

Joe Montana