Through the mail-Jerry Rice

I mentioned a couple months ago that I had sent some through the mail requests to some major stars in their respective sports.  Today, I received one of them back. It's always more fun when you aren't real optimistic you'll be getting a signature sent back and then one day you check the mail and something unanticipated is sitting there. I know Jerry Rice does send back, but he isn't a guaranteed hit. When I opened the envelope I noticed it was thicker than what I usually get in return. There was a note in there stating that Mr. Rice was thankful for all the support but that he couldn't sign the card I sent. Instead, he had pre-signed cards and sent those out. I don't care that he didn't sign my exact card! I was stoked to get a return from the great Jerry Rice.


I harp on this all the time, but it deserves repeating. I don't sell my autographs. I am always thrilled to receive anything from these athletes who take the time to sign for their fans. I don't care that it isn't on the exact item I sent. I'm not upset that the auto has a slight bleed on it due to the texture of the card reacting to the writing utensil Jerry used. That is all meaningless to me. What is important is I get to put an auto from one of the greatest players to ever don an NFL uniform into my case. When people come over and look at my collection they don't care what type of card it is on. 

Thank you for reading, and thank you Jerry Rice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

John Elway

Joe Montana