Retail find


It's apparent to anyone that collects or likes to buy sports cards that the big name retailers (Target, Walmart, etc) are often pillaged of their sports cards by Ebayers.  It is almost impossible to find any type of good sealed products like hobby boxes or blaster boxes or even single packs.  People who sell the products on Ebay know when these stores are stocked and come in and wipe out their inventory before people like myself can come in and even buy one box of something.  On the rare occasion I do find something kind of cool, I may buy it.  On a trip to Walmart during the summer I found a Panini Playbook football blaster box.  I thought it was $20 but when I went through the register it was actually $30.  Walmart doesn't do a great job of keeping their card section organized. What made the box more enticing to me is that you are guaranteed one memorabilia (jersey patch cards most often) or better yet, autographed card per box.  When I opened the box I did find a rookie auto card of Joejuan Williams, the Patriots defensive back.  I have no idea how good the guy is but it was still cool, especially since it was a rookie card.  

It's the second auto card I've pulled this year from retail, and obviously I don't buy a whole lot of it.  To make it even better, I also pulled a serially numbered DK Metcalf rookie card.  Despite all this, I probably still didn't make my money back unless one of these guys becomes an elite Hall of Famer


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

John Elway

Joe Montana