Through the Mail-Tony Oliva

 An autograph request I sent about two and a half months ago came back back recently, this time in the form of Major League Baseball Hall of Famer and former Minnesota Twins legend Tony Oliva. If you're a reader of this blog, you'll probably remember that I recently pulled a signed Tony Oliva card out of a Topps Heritage 2022 hobby box. That actually happened the day after I had sent this autograph request through the mail. When I got the card back, I noticed that Mr. Oliva at first had mistakenly signed the plastic sleeve the card was in rather than the card itself, but noticed that he had done that and signed the card as well. I'd heard about that happening to some other people in the past but this is the first time it has happened to me and I'm glad he caught it before sending it back. 

As you can see, I sent in a 1972 Topps card because I ended up liking the look of these after having bought some 2021 Topps Heritage retail product and hit autographs out of them. Mr. Oliva did personalize but that is always okay with me because I'm not selling anything anyway. I'll add the photo of the retail pulled card below so you can compare the signatures. 
As I always say, I'm happy to add a Hall of Famer to my collection any day of the week.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

John Elway

Joe Montana