Through the Mail-Pete Weber

 We are going off the wall with this through the mail request and talking about one of the non major sports. It would actually probably be considered non mid-level sports, but I am one of those collectors that wants to go after the greats in every sport, and so I sent a request to one of if not the greatest all time bowlers, Pete Weber.

Much like with the requests I have sent to swimming and Olympic great Mark Spitz, or with the all time greats in racing, this request was much different than what I typically would send out. However, Pete Weber is literally the only bowler I can name and every time I happened to see it on ESPN, he was the one competing. Look up his stats. He's won everything and widely viewed as the GOAT or damn near that status in his profession. There weren't many cards for me to pick from, so I knew when I sent a card with a dark colored shirt in the background it might cause the auto to be hard to see. Still, it's a solid autograph and not too hidden into the background despite the shirt making it tough. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

John Elway

Joe Montana