Bob Gibson

 Five years ago I bought a photo of both Bob Gibson and Al Kaline with the intent of having them both sign it. I sent it to Mr. Kaline first and he returned it signed, which you can read about here. Unfortunately, I procrastinated on sending the photo in for a Bob Gibson signing (he did not sign through the mail) and he ended up passing away before I was able to complete the photo. As such, I ended up having nothing of Mr. Gibson's in my collection so I recently decided to look for a signed card on eBay. 

I ended up choosing a 2019 Topps Museum Collection card. These are on card and since he was a pitcher, albeit an upper echelon Hall of Fame pitcher, his price wasn't exorbitant. I think he partook in so many signings that a lot of his stuff is out there, keeping the cost down. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

John Elway

Joe Montana