Through the Mail-Henrik Sedin

 For my latest through the mail success, I actually had a bit of fun in writing to the athlete, in this case Vancouver Canucks legend and future Hall of Famer Henrik Sedin. The reason being that since I am an LA Kings, I watched many playoff games between the Canucks and the Kings, who developed a bit of a rivalry in the earlier part of the 2010s. I explained to Henrik in the letter I wrote that I was at the playoff games and booed the crap out of he and his twin brother Daniel, but that I actually always respected them and their goaltending teammate Roberto Luongo. I said in the note that one of the best memories of being a Kings fan was actually watching Dustin Brown demolish Henrik on a clean hit in the playoffs. 

That being said, I let him know that he and his brother were always class players, and I loved watching them get drafted together, then their entire careers, and then retiring at the same time. On the power play, these guys were deadly.
I actually picked a numbered Upper Deck card because as you can see above, the look is clean with plenty of white space. This card is actually what I believe to be a 55 point, so it was a little more sketchy than usual, particularly because I was sending to Vancouver. However, I am very thankful that Henrik took the time to sign for an opposing team's fan, and I really like the way this card turned out.

For those wondering I did send the card on the same day to his brother, so hopefully that one comes back as well. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

John Elway

Joe Montana