Opening Sealed Product

 We will start April off by discussing a couple of signed cards I have opened recently through sealed products. The first product was one in which I was guaranteed an autograph, and that was an H2 box of 2020-21 Panini Mosaic Euro Soccer. These boxes come with 18 packs and many of the people I saw opening this product were getting multiple numbered parallels. Overall, I'd argue that my box came in under value as I only received one numbered blue card /99 (Thiago Alcantara) but my auto was a pretty good one. 

It is a base auto but Fabio Cannavaro was one of the best defenders of his time, if not all time, and actually won the Ballon d'Or and the FIFA player of the year which defenders almost never do. He captained Italy and helped them to a World Cup in 2006. In terms of renowned players of his era, Cannavaro was up there so I could have done a lot worse with the autograph pull. Also, the card itself is pleasing to the eye. 

I pulled another auto card and this time it was actually of a retail blaster box of Topps Gypsy Queen 2021 baseball. I found one while at Walgreens so bought it and opened it in my car. I have never had any success with Gypsy Queen so I was a bit surprised when in the last pack, I saw I had received an autograph.

Yermin Mercedes was real good for half of a season before he fell off a cliff and disappeared from the Majors. Still, I always consider finding an autograph in retail product to be a success even if the monetary value might not be there. This is a rookie autograph which helps, but the card is kind of ugly in my opinion and Yermin's signature is a bit of a joke. 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

John Elway

Joe Montana