Opening Sealed Retail Product

 Retail cards are a huge gamble, and more often than not a losing proposition overall. It's rare that you will even pull the amount of value out of the cards equal to what it cost to get them. That being said, it's a fun thing to rip open new packs and see what you get and honestly, I feel like I actually have decent luck when it comes to retail product. 

Over the past couple of days, I opened three products. One was 2022 Topps Heritage Baseball, and this time it was a mega box from Target. Autographs are not guaranteed in this product, in fact the odds are 1:216 packs. The box comes with 17 packs, so I'll let you do the math. Guess what? I pulled an autograph in the fourth pack.

Matt Manning is not a huge name, but he was a highly regarded prospect in the Tigers organization at one point, and this is his rookie card. I always say I'll take any auto when it comes to retail, especially when one is not likely. I also pulled a silver chrome Walker Buehler (1:318 packs) numbered to 373, so I hit two pretty hard gets in one box. 

The day before, I opened a blaster box of 2020-2021 Panini NBA Chronicles that my daughter and I bought while shopping at Wal-Mart. We opened the box in the car, and we actually pulled an autograph out of that box as well.
I'm not up to date on the NBA so I had to look this kid up as I had no idea who he was. He is currently playing in the NBA's G League, so he is not even in the NBA as I type this, but again, I'm happy any time I pull any ink whatsoever. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

John Elway

Joe Montana