Through the Mail-Mike Gartner

 A request I sent a couple months ago to Canada for hockey and NHL Hall of Fame speedster Mike Gartner came back successful yesterday. I sent another older Topps card that looks good with an autograph, and I am happy with the result. I've noticed that some of the requests I've been sending to Canada have taken quite a bit longer, which makes sense with customs, etc. Oddly, this return was postmarked from Florida.

Mike Gartner was the first player I remember being blown away by his speed while watching the NHL skills competition as a kid. He could fly, and I told him as much in the request letter I wrote. Actually, this brings up a good recommendation if you're interested in this hobby. When sending letters of request to athletes, always write something, make it personal, and make it short. I've had tremendous success in my returns thus far and I think my strategy works. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

John Elway

Joe Montana