Sealed Product Autos

 I haven't been able to catch up on a few of the autographs I've recently pulled from sealed product, dating back quite a few months. On Black Friday I went to my local card shop and bought a Panini Recon basketball hobby box, which guaranteed two autos. 


As you can see, both autos were out of /49. The first is multiple time NBA all star Victor Oladipo, whom I consider a solid vet autograph. The second autograph card ended up being a rookie auto of Jazz rookie Walker Kessler. He's not the best rookie you can get but he's a pretty good one. Overall, I really liked the look of the cards as I had never opened Recon before. The box also came with numbered cards.

The other autographs I'm going to mention are a bit cool since they came out of a retail blaster boxes, which means no guaranteed autograph. Any time you get an autographed card from retail, it's a little bit of a surprise.
This first card came from a Panini Elite box blaster of NFL cards. Marvin Mims rookie auto /249. He's not had the best season but he has a lot of potential so this card could be bigger down the line. 

Another card came from a Prizm NBA blaster and it was a throwback that I had never heard of at the time I pulled the card, Don "Slick" Watts. What is cool about this card, though the value is probably pretty low, is that the man took his time to sign his autograph nicely, which is a huge improvement over most of the autographs you see from modern players. 


I pulled this Michael Porter Jr card from an NBA tin from Walmart and they only came with 4 packs. I consider this a good hit as Porter is a good player. 


The rest of the basketball autos below are all lesser known players, with only one currently being in the NBA, that being Skylar Mays. The Duke Jr and Garrett are both rookie autographs, but I don't believe either is currently in the league. 





I did manage to also pull a coupe of autographs from soccer products, though both were guaranteed as one was a Topps chrome Champions League hobby box and the other was a Leaf blaster that guarantees one autograph per box. Neither is a huge name globally but Riqui Puig is a Los Angeles Galaxy player with some name recognition based on his time spent in Barcelona. Josh Coburn is a guy that currently plays for Middlesbrough, a team that goes up and down in the Premier League and the Championship. 


Lastly are two baseball autographs and one NFL autograph. The Zac Veen auto was actually part of a care package that Topps sent me as a replacement for the expired 2005 Zack Greinke redemption I pulled from a Topps box on Black Friday 2022. I got this Zack Geloff, who had a good rookie season with the A's this season, in a Prizm mega box. The Logan Hall actually came out of an NFL Prizm blaster, which is a very hard thing to hit autographs from. It is a rookie card auto, which is a bonus. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

John Elway

Joe Montana