Quinton Byfield

 It is just a coincidence, albeit a cool one, that I close my 2023 year of collecting with a relatively big add from my favorite sports franchise, the Los Angeles Kings. I've mentioned it before but if you have not yet seen me say it, I am first and foremost a hockey fan and the team I have been watching like a die hard for 36 years is the Kings. After winning the Stanley Cup in 2012 and 2014, they went on a bit of a rebuild and accumulated a bunch of picks. The highest pick they ended up with during this time was the second overall pick in 2020. In the last season plus, this kid has really started to develop into a very good player and his ceiling remains quite high. I wanted to add a rookie auto of his to my personal collection (99.9% of the items I get end up in my personal collection) and was able to hone in on an Upper Deck rookie patch auto numbered 2/15.

As you can see, this card was already graded, slabbed, and authenticated by Beckett. It wasn't a cheap card to obtain, but I think there is real potential that this card also continues to rise in value as Quinton continues to get better and better and makes a big name for himself in the NHL. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

John Elway

Joe Montana