Christmas Day Pack Openings

 My wife always gets me some cool cards I would not normally get for myself on Christmas, and this year was no different. One of the gifts I received was a 2022-23 Panini Prizm hobby box of Premier League soccer. These are extremely fun to open because you get a guaranteed autograph, many numbered cards, and you can hit some very cool case hits like color blasts. I pulled the requisite five numbered cards, including a couple cards with real low print runs (/15 and /25). The autograph I pulled, although not one of high monetary value, was a cool one for me because it ended up being a Liverpool player and I am a supporter of LFC. Nat Phillips, a Liverpool cult hero of sorts, and currently out on loan to Celtic, was the auto I hit.

I took the photo on my mouse pad to give you an indication of what I mean when I say I'm a Liverpool supporter.

Although not autograph related, and I realize this is predominantly an autograph blog, my wife also gave me one of the coolest gifts I have ever received. I had been wanting a replica Anfield (home stadium of Liverpool since 1892) for quite a few years. The problem is in the US, the company that makes the one I liked called Danbury Mint, didn't make them here but only in the UK. Not only did they only make them in the UK, but they did not make many of them and it was a long time ago that they did so. Needless to say, it took my wife a lot of work to get one here and when I found out she had, I was thrilled.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

John Elway

Joe Montana