Baseball Hall of Fame adds

 Sorry for the information dump but I have accumulated quite a few cool autographs over the past six weeks or so and hadn't caught up on the posts until today. Three of those additions were Major League Baseball Hall of Famers. Well technically two of them are already in and one is expected to make it over the next few years. 

The first autograph is of Mike Schmidt. I had not yet added Mr. Schmidt to my autograph collection and had considered either sending a request through the mail or via a private signing, which he does a few of every year. However, there are rumors (it's likely more substantiated than rumors based on how they look) that his TTM autographs are actually ghost signed. In terms of the private signings I noticed that buying a certified auto straight off eBay was actually cheaper than sending in my own card to get signed, so that was the route I took. 


The second autograph I want to discuss is another Topps Heritage autograph, my feelings of which has often been discussed on this very blog. This time was recent Hall of Fame enshrinee Ted Simmons, the catcher most notably with the Cardinals. If I'm being honest I hadn't even realized Mr. Simmons was in the Hall of Fame until I was perusing some private signings on my go to website and his name popped up.  When I saw the cost of sending in my own card on the signing page, I figured I could find a cheaper alternative on eBay. My hunch proved correct. I really like the Topps Heritage autos. 


The third card is a player my younger readers will probably remember playing, and that is of former Cardinals and Phillies third baseman, and likely future Hall of Famer, Scott Rolen. His percent voted on HOF ballots has been steadily increasing, a trend which usually bodes well for the player in question eventually getting the call to the Hall. The card below is a 2022 Topps 1987 throwback numbered /199, and I got it on ebay in a last minute bid for $20. Twenty bucks for a numbered Hall of Fame certified auto. I'll pull the trigger on that 99 times out of 100. It's also an on card auto, as all three of the cards on this post are. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

John Elway

Joe Montana