Brett Hull and Adam Oates Private Signing

 I had the opportunity to send a couple of cards in to a signing with two hockey and NHL Hall of Famers, Brett Hull and Adam Oates. Both of these players played smack dab in the middle of the timeframe that I grew up watching hockey, so I have many memories of both. Hull was always a sniper that scored goals and Oates was a great passer and playmaker. 


I've had that Brett Hull Upper Deck card for years and even as a kid always thought it lent itself to being perfect for an autograph. Turns out I was right, because that card looks great signed on the ice where he signed it. I now have both Hulls in my autograph collection, father and son.

I purchased the Oates 1987-88 Topps rookie card because red is an easy color to see a signature over and because it was an affordable option. The interesting thing about sending in to hockey Hall of Famer signings is that they are always so much cheaper than all but the oldest baseball Hall of Famers. It is really easy to build a hockey signed card collection because sending autographs to signings or through the mail directly to the athlete is either free or cheap. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

John Elway

Joe Montana