Through the Mail-Bud Selig

 Former Major League Baseball commissioner, Milwaukee Brewers owner, and Padres legend Bud Selig was my most recent through the mail success. That last part is very tongue in cheek for Padres fans. If you don't believe me, check that link. 

I picked an Allen & Ginter card to send to the former commish, and this was a very quick turnaround of about a week wait. He is the second baseball commissioner I have added to my collection, joining current commissioner Robert Manfred, who sent me a signed baseball two years ago. I know Mr. Selig oversaw the whole steroid era and the mistake of making the All-Star gar mean something, but he also helped usher in Interleague play. I am happy with this return because there aren't a lot of commissioners in baseball history, and I have autographs from two of them.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

John Elway

Joe Montana