Joey Votto

 I recently picked up an autographed card of  Reds star and former MVP Joey Votto from a Facebook group I'm in.  I saw it posted along with some other cards, and I reached out immediately to the guy to ask what he wanted for it.  This particular card is from 2021 Topps, with the 1986 throwback look.  

The guy gave me an offer I couldn't pass up, and I'm glad I jumped on it because he ended up telling me later on that his messenger was blowing up from people asking about this particular card.  I've always liked Joey Votto, and have met him before during postgame autograph seeking outside of Petco Park back in 2013.  You can read about that experience here. He signed a baseball for me that night, which is pictured in the post on that link.  I do suspect that some day Joey will end up in the Hall of Fame, as he's long been one of the more underrated starts in the game, and he has very comparable numbers to other guys already in the hall. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

John Elway

Joe Montana