Cracking packs-Panini Football Products

 Over the last few weeks, I've opened a few boxes of Panini Draft Football products, ranging from Contenders to Prizm and Chronicles.  Most of the boxes I opened came with one guaranteed autograph per box, which usually means the hits are going to be poor.  While I did get all the rookie cards people want from the new draft class (Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, Trey Lance, et al), my autographed cards did live down to my expectations.


Both of the above autos came from the Prizm Mega boxes.  As you can see, the cards are real nice looking, but the odds of either of these cards being worth anything down the road are very low.  Shawn Davis was a safety taken in the fifth round by the Colts, while Osa Odighizuwa is a defensive tackle taken by the Cowboys in the third round.  The other drawback to the draft cards is that every player you get is in collegiate uniforms, which probably helps understand why these are easier to procure than the NFL based sets.  People tend to favor the NFL uniforms over all others, and I completely understand that and agree.



These other two autographs are from Chronicles and Contenders, respectively.  Again, both are defensive linemen, so the value just isn't there.  Levi Onwuzurike was a second round pick, which is the highest drafted player of any of these cards.  He was taken by the Detroit Lions.  Daelin Hayes is a former Notre Dame player, which never hurts the value, but is also a low pick in the fifth round of the draft by the Ravens.  

The best part about opening these packs was in all honesty the rookie cards I got.  I hit on every young QB, and Chronicles in particular had many different versions of the rookie cards. It may very well be over saturation of these cards in the market, but if the player hits I still think there will be long term value to be had regardless of how many cards were made.  

Side note; Two of the boxes I opened with "guaranteed autographs" actually turned out to be Panini Rewards points cards, one of which doesn't even register in the Panini system when I type the code.  My calls about this have gone unreturned and I've not yet received any response in how to rectify that.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

John Elway

Joe Montana