Through the Mail-Carlton Fisk

 Other than the recent Nolan Ryan return, it had been a while from a through the mail standpoint for me.  I have been keeping an eye on SportsCollectors.net to see if anyone new is signing through the mail, but haven't seen a lot that has piqued my interest other than the players I already have.  However, one of the guys I did see that was having some returns was former catcher for the Red Sox and White Sox, Carlton Fisk.  Carlton is also a Hall of Famer, so of course I wanted to try with him.  I sent a card just ten days ago, and today was happy to see this in my mailbox.

I've met Carlton in the past, at the Tristar show in San Francisco in 2012.  I have blogged about that very trip on this blog, please use the search feature in the upper corner of the home page and look for it.  You can search any name in there.  That day he signed a baseball for me and it has badly faded since, so I told him that in my note I sent.  He really popped this card with a clean, blue, signature with his HOF 2000 inscription. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

John Elway

Joe Montana