Through the mail-Rafael Palmeiro

As you may have read, yesterday I received the Paul Molitor card signed back to me.  Well, I also received a second return at the same time, marking the first time I've actually received two returns in one day.  The second card was a rookie card I had sent out to Rafael Palmeiro almost in the middle of May. To be honest, I had given up on getting this back because since I had sent mine out a lot of people who sent after me had already received their items back.  On top of that, Rafael started charging for items about ten days after I initially sent mine, so I did not include any money in my request.  Therefore it was a surprise when I opened up my envelope and found this...
I know it is on a dark background.  I knew that when I sent the card it might be a tougher one to see, and it is.  However, it was the only Palmeiro card I could find that I already owned and it is kind of cool to get his rookie card signed.  This guy would be an automatic Hall of Famer if it wasn't for the PED debacle that also enveloped Barry Bonds and Mark McGwire.  He is one of only a few players in history to have over 500 homeruns and 3000 hits.  

Side note, there was a little business card inserted into the envelope along with the signed card stating that he now requests money for each autograph with instructions on how to pay.  Even though I had sent my item before he instituted the charges and I didn't really have to do so technically, I went onto Venmo and paid the fee because I respect the fact that he signed an item.  Sometimes I am disappointed by the people in my hobby who bitch and complain and bemoan the fact that an athlete requests funds for signing an item for us.  I don't understand that mentality at all.  The celebrity does not need to sign, we are not entitled to whatever we want.  I see people on forums complaining because someone didn't use the right pen, or didn't sign something exactly where they asked it to be.  It really drives me crazy, but it doesn't surprise me in the least.

Thank you for reading as always.  I am entitled to all the views of this blog I want, obviously!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

John Elway

Joe Montana