Random items

Apparently this blog isn't only about the best items I get.  My dad has been visiting recently and while on a shipping trip brought a random card box back for me to open.  Inside are different packs from various companies over a range of years.  These are those boxes where 95% of them are going to be complete junk but one or two boxes have a valuable card so they feel better about packaging and selling them this way.  I opened the box and immediately saw it had been stuffed with at least one autographed card.  I got a tinge of excitement until I pulled the card out.

Exactly.  Who?  Sorry Dorssys but I've never heard of you.  The rest of the packs were actually better than the autographed card since I got a couple of useful rookie cards I can keep and a couple others are cards of players who sign through the mail. 

One of the prospect cards I found on Ebay was also shipped with a couple of surprise extras that I didn't mention before. It's cool that the seller included extras that I did not pay for.  
This is a Seth Smith team USA signed Upper Deck card from 2003 apparently.  It's numbered to 750.  It's probably worth like $2 but at least I've heard of Seth Smith.
Again, no idea who this is at all.  It's a jersey card as well and numbered to 350 but if it's worth more than a dollar I'd be surprised.  I'll probably use these two cards as a giveaway for retweeting my blog on Twitter or something easy.

In an effort to end the blog on a good note, here are a couple of 8x10's I acquired about 10 years ago.  One is a Phil Rivers college signed photo and the other is old time QB Sammy Baugh.

I don't believe I have ever mentioned these two photos on the blog and with nothing new coming in recently other than the Mussina ball and my son's Volpe card, I figured it was as good a time as any to show some other items. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

John Elway

Joe Montana