Cracking packs

 I went to Walmart last week, and for the first time in quite some time, actually found some product on the shelves.  I bought two Panini Prestige football blasters, one Panini Prizm baseball mega box, and one Topps Chrome baseball mega box.  I actually did hit an autographed card in the Topps Chrome box, which was not guaranteed.  The auto was a RC refractor numbered to 499 of Luis Garcia, the pitcher on the Astros.


This isn't the worst hit, as it's numbered and it's a rookie card.  Plus, Garcia has had a pretty good first season and the Astros are very good at churning out good Major League caliber pitching.  There is some upside here even though it is a pitcher.  It's also an on card auto, which aesthetically is more appealing. 

The Prizm box was guaranteed an auto, but my hit wasn't great.  I pulled a Billy McKinney auto.  He currently plays for the Dodgers but I believe he previously played for both the Brewers and the Blue Jays. 

I have another Prizm mega box coming in the mail this week, so hopefully my autograph is a better hit than this.  





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

John Elway

Joe Montana