MLB Hall of Fame Class 2024

 Anyone following along with this blog knows by now that the primary focus to my collection is obtaining Hall of Fame autographs from Hall of Famers in any sport. I have so many of them already, and the announcement of today's MLB inductees was a welcome sight, as I've already gotten autographs of the three players elected. They are Adrian Beltre, Todd Helton, and Joe Mauer.


I actually obtained Beltre's autograph in person after a game at Petco Park years and years ago. He signed a ball for me on the sweet spot. I did not realize at the time that Beltre would turn into one of the all-time best third basemen. He struggled for a bit while on the Dodgers and there was no notion then of what he would turn into, particularly when this was obtained circa 2004 or 2005.


Todd Helton was another autograph I got in person, only this time it was inside the ballpark at Petco Park and while his team was taking batting practice. He was a bit of a curmudgeon so getting him to sign anything at the time was no easy task. He signed a ball for me, but on the side panel. Within the past couple of years, I also got a card signed by him, assuming he'd someday reach Cooperstown. I can't find a photo of the ball and I don't feel like digging through my box.

Lastly, I've recently added two Joe Mauer autographed cards, one in which I got off eBay and the other from a private signing in which the guy running it sent me a replacement card for the one that was "lost". I'm disappointed that it happened because the card I originally sent was a parallel rookie card that I spent some money on to acquire. 

Congrats to all the new members of Cooperstown. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

John Elway

Joe Montana