Ebay Adds

 Quite often I'll see a signing going on and will look at the pricing, only to notice that there are signed cards available on sites like eBay that are cheaper than it would be to send a card in for said signing. As such, I frequently peruse possible additions and when I find a price I like, I make the move. Recently, I've added NFL Hall of Famer Ed Reed and Liverpool FC midfielder Thiago Alcantara to my collection.

As you can see, this is a Prizm auto, and it is numbered to /149. I bought this card for the price that it would probably cost to buy an unopened Prizm blaster box, which is quite another point entirely. It is much cheaper to buy singles of cards that you like than it is to buy unopened product from coveted sets like Prizm, Optic, Select, etc. I understand that you lose the allure of opening something where you might find a huge hit, but honestly if I had hit this Ed Reed auto from a box I would have been ecstatic anyway so buying this makes more sense to me. 

The second auto I bought was even cheaper, and comes from my favorite soccer (football) club, Liverpool. This was even cheaper than the Reed auto.
Stadium Club chrome is a set known for having real cool photography, and I recently bought a mega box that is going to be delivered soon. I know, that's contrary to what I talked about above, however, I still like to open things so I am being a bit of a contrarian. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

John Elway

Joe Montana