Through the Mail-Pat LaFontaine

 There's always a little something extra cool when you get a through the mail autograph request back from an athlete that you actually saw play, which happened this past weekend when NHL Hall of Famer Pat LaFontaine returned a signed card to me. 

Part of sending theses requests in to these retired athletes is including a very brief (and for me hand written) letter in which you request an autograph. Part of these letters usually include saying nice things about the person or whether you saw them play, what you liked about how they played, etc. Sometimes when I send to older players that I never got to watch myself, I just get straight to the point and explain that I collect Hall of Famer autographs and that I would like the enclosed card to be signed. In the case of Mr. LaFontaine, I could actually talk about his style of play and what I appreciated about his as a player, which makes it far easier to write something. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

John Elway

Joe Montana