Ryan Braun Private Signing

 Back when I started this blog, and for about 15 years prior to that, I hawked autographs at Petco Park in San Diego and Qualcomm Stadium. The first ever in person autograph I got was Ken Griffey Jr at one of the very first interleague games ever played in Major League Baseball, while hanging over the old dugouts at Qualcomm. The funny thing is, it took me years to figure out who it was that signed the baseball because I was just in my early teens at the time. Over the years I obtained a lot of great autographs but one guy I never seemed able to get was former Brewer Ryan Braun. I know his allure has long been wiped out by the PED scandal and him blaming someone else for it, but the guy was an outstanding player and for some reason I always just missed him when he'd sign in San Diego. I saw that Waukesha Sports Cards was having a private signing with him recently, so decided to send in a 2005 Topps Draft Pick card. I like the way the card came out.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

John Elway

Joe Montana