Through the Mail-Marcel Dionne

 This through the mail request in particular was a cool one for me in a couple ways. The first is which Marcel Dionne is one of the few LA Kings greats whose autograph I did not yet have. Anyone who has followed along with this blog for some time will know that hockey is my favorite sport and the Kings are my favorite team in any sport, with the Padres and Liverpool FC coming next and the Chargers in fourth. The second cool thing about this request was that it was the first time I tried sending something to an athlete in Canada, which is a slightly different process. Up until earlier this month, I was always hesitant to send something outside of the states because I wasn't sure I would do it right. Not only did it work, I got this request back in 17 days. 

In the letter I wrote to Mr. Dionne, I explained that I am a huge Kings fan but unfortunately had not gotten a chance to have seen him play. He was also kind enough to include the HOF 92 inscription as well as his own Certificate of Authenticity from the Sports Marketing company he runs. I currently have two more requests sent to Canada, so we will see what mu success rate is with those as well.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

John Elway

Joe Montana