Drew Brees Collection

 Since it looks like Drew Brees will soon be announcing his retirement from the NFL, I figured now was as good a time as any to share the two pieces of memorabilia I have signed by Drew. Both of these were signed in person for me at celebrity golf tournaments down here in San Diego county.  I've had dozens of successes at the golf tournaments here over the years, and one of my blog posts is about this very tournament. The first item Drew signed for me was years ago, when I believe the tournament was still being hosted by Stan Humphries.  Drew was a young player at the time and was still a member of the Chargers.  I had a brought a card along and he signed that.

The second time around, the event was being hosted by Brees himself even though he had moved on to the Saints.  Since I was better prepared, I decided to bring an 8x10 of him on the Saints, so he signed that for me as well.
I really hope that the golf tournament comes back this season, but since it is usually in May and Southern California is still stricter than most states with the Covid protocols, I think it will probably be 2022 before I am able to try and go again.  Even if everything was going on as planned, I have no idea how athletes will be over the next few years in terms of people requesting autographs in person.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

John Elway

Joe Montana