Steve Martin/Martin Short project

 As you may recall, a couple months ago I participated in a Zoom meeting with Steve Martin in which he discussed a new book he had co-created with New Yorker cartoonist Harry Bliss.  As part of that meeting I was shipped a signed version of their book "A Wealth of Pigeons".  Since I was aware Steve Martin is also good friends with Martin Short, I also went in search of a book signed by Short.  I found one, and decided to do something I had seen being done by other autograph collectors, and cut the signatures out of the books to frame them as part of a photo.  I have had success in doing the same thing with Tom Hanks and Jim Carrey.  Click around in my blog to find those, or use the search feature up top.  If done right, these can look really nice, and I don't think the Martin/Short one came out any differently.  As this was the first combo cut I have had framed together. there was less space to use.




As you can see, I chose a darker navy blue with a textured finish to try and match the color of the suits, plus a lavender/purple hew to the secondary mat. It's hard to take a picture of the colors that stand out so this actually looks better in real life. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

John Elway

Joe Montana