Through the Mail-Roger Staubach

 2021 is off to a blazing start from a TTM autograph point of view.  I wasn't sure if my Roger Staubach request would actually work, so I relied on a true story written to him and a donation of $20 to his charity to see if I could add this great QB.  The story centered around my family meeting him at the Hotel Del Coronado when I was just a teenager and how my brother asked him to sign a napkin because we had nothing else on us at the time.  I told him truthfully that it would be cool to come full circle and politely asked him to sign the card I sent in the envelope.  Luckily, he obliged, though I am sure the bigger than asked for donation amount did not hurt.  Today, I pulled this great signature out of the mail.

Again, the best tip I can give people is to pick a card that will lend itself to allowing the autograph to be as visible as possible.  If I had picked a card with him wearing the Cowboy's navy blue jersey, it would have been tougher to see the black sharpie.  I know it's always cool to get a rookie card signed when possible, but I'm not willing to spend the extra money on a card I may never see again, and the rookie cards don't always have the right color background for a good signature.

Thank you Mr. Staubach.  This one is going in my display.  Over the last few months, I have hit on some huge HOF fame QBs.  This success joins the Peyton Manning and Dan Fouts hits from 2020.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

John Elway

Joe Montana