Panini DK 2017 pull-David Wright Limited Litho

The family and I decided to brave Target this past weekend and pick up a couple of items.  Since I was there, I swung by the card section and looked for something that might be kind of cool.  Let me preface my choice by saying I have no idea what is coveted in the card world.  I don't know what sets people like.  I don't know what sets are supposed to have good finds. I also almost never buy sports cards. Not having any coherent plan, I decided to look for an item that I found the fewest of, which turned out to be a box of Panini baseball cards dated 2017.  There was one box of these stuffed in the very back of the shelf behind a bunch of Topps 2020 opening day stuff.  I thought to myself that someone must be trying to hide these, so these must be the ones I should buy!  My logic seemed sound, though it could just as easily have been the lack of oxygen penetrating my face covering.  After I purchased the box, booked it out the store with my family in tow, and peeled the damn face mask off my face as quick as humanly possible, I did some sleuthing.  Turns out, this set is kind of cool because the texture of the cards is different and it looks more like art than the standard photos you get with sports cards.  Also, they don't have the MLB licensing so there is no use of team name or imagery.  Huh?  Anyway, I opened the box when I got home.  Each box comes with seven packs.  Each pack contains 5 cards.  Quick math tells me that is 35 cards.  I pulled an Aaron Judge rookie card and some other things probably not worth more than a buck or two, but then I came across this...
Well this is neat!  Of course it is also right up my alley because of the autograph on it.  It's hard to tell but this is numbered 15 of 15.  The piece of bat and the piece of jersey cloth also is game used per the back of the card. Is it proof you want?  See this....
Note the lack of the word "Mets" anywhere.  Also note the lack of team logo.  Now stop noting things like that and focus on how cool this concept is.  You can see the texture of the card I mentioned earlier.  This set came with old timer greats as well as modern stars and rookies.  I opened a couple packs containing players I know sign through the mail, so with the art concept and texture I think these cards might lend themselves nicely to some nice signatures.  Speaking of which, today I sent four pieces of mail out...so stay tuned because we may just be getting some "TTM" stuff to post about shortly.  Thank you for reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

John Elway

Joe Montana