Two successive Through the Mail Failures

 If you ever check my through the mail tracker, you'll notice that far more often than not I have had good luck with getting requested items back. Last week did not quite go that way for me, however. First, I suppose I did get a moderate success, or a half success, from Dolphins linebacker and football Hall of Famer Zach Thomas. He did not sign the card I had enclosed in the envelope, but did send me back a pre signed postcard sized card. I'll take that over getting shutout any day.

You can tell it's live ink, so it's actually signed. Why I don't classify this as quite the success I was hoping for is there are other people that send to Zach that do get their cards signed and returned. Others get what I got above.

The second return of the week was worse. I got my card returned to me unsigned by former PGA golfer Davis Love III. This one baffled me a bit because everyone that has sent to him has had success, so I'm putting this one down to a fluke. Still, it's a bit of a downer when you walk to the mailbox, see that you have an envelope (that you had previously addressed to yourself to make it easy) waiting for you, then you walk inside and open it to find this;
This was not a return to sender, as the card was taken out of the big envelope I sent it in, put into the small envelope I pre filled out that was sitting inside the original big envelope, and mailed back to me. Maybe he thought he had signed it? Maybe he was having a bad day? Maybe my timing was just off, or maybe I wrote a letter he didn't like. For whatever the reason, it was a big swing and a miss!

I haven't been sending nearly as many requests out as I used to because for the most part I have all of the athletes that sign that I'd actually want. Maybe I'll try Davis for the II time, or even a III. 

I'll see myself out now. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

John Elway

Joe Montana