Recent Additions and Opening Packs on the Road!

 I was recently on a two week road trip with the family, so took that opportunity to find retail products that I would never find in SoCal. Our trip took us through some lightly populated locales in places like Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, and Colorado. I found some cards that I was never really able to find on the shelves here locally, and was able to hit an auto out of one of the boxes which I will share in a bit.

First, I want to show a couple of pieces I bought while I was perusing eBay during some of the downtime we had on our trip.

First up is a signed rookie card from Topps Gypsy Queen of Brewers ace Corbin Burnes. I picked this up for very cheap, as pitchers don't sell well usually and Gypsy Queen is one of the lesser sets. That being said, I always am on the lookout for guys that could possibly end up in the Hall down the road if their career stays on track and this was a cheap gamble. 

The second card is more of a prospect type of pickup from the NBA. Alperen Sengun of the Rockets has ability and I liked the look of this card. I'd say I got a good deal on this one as well, though it was more than the Burnes. I'll check in on this one in a few years to see if I did well with this purchase.
Lastly, among the cards I found on the shelves was an NBA Illusions mega box. The year was Lamelo Ball's rookie year class. Halfway into the box, I saw a turned around card so I knew I had hit a rookie auto. Unfortunately, it wasn't a big name. Reggie Perry. However, I will always stand by the fact that it's good to hit an auto out of retail any time you can, because you never know how certain players will turn out in the long run.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

John Elway

Joe Montana