Through the Mail-Dave Bing

 Yesterday I had another one of my through the mail requests come back, and this time it was NBA Hall of Famer and former Piston Dave Bing.  I had searched Ebay to find a card that would look good signed, and ended up choosing the 1969 Topps.  I like the look of the older cards signed, granted I can find one relatively cheap and also lending itself to a good clean signature.  I have found that with NBA cards in particular, there is often a dark background on the action shots because the arenas are dark in the stands, so sometimes it's tough to find a good card to have signed.

Dave played in the 60's and 70's so isn't as household of a name to modern NBA fans, but based on what I looked up, he was one of the first point guards to also be a scorer as well as a facilitator.  He was the Rookie of the Year in 1966-67, a 7x All Star, and the 1967-68 scoring champion.  Look up his basketball reference page here.  

I recently bought a few more NBA cards to send out for TTM requests, but haven't gotten around to sending them out quite yet.  I should also have a card coming back from a private signing soon.  Stay tuned.

Thanks for reading. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

John Elway

Joe Montana