Through the Mail-Gaylord Perry

 As my through the mail requests have slowed to more of a trickle, I'm finding that these posts are happening less and less frequently. Therefore, I was pleasantly surprised to open my mailbox yesterday and find a return stamped from South Carolina.  I knew immediately that this meant I was getting a return from MLB Hall of Famer and former pitcher Gaylord Perry.  In previous posts on this very blog, I have talked about meeting Mr. Perry at the All Star game fan fest here in San Diego.  I already had two official major league baseballs signed by him, and this time I sent him a 1968 Topps.  The card came back signed with black sharpie, making it a bit difficult to see but a cool return nonetheless.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

John Stockton

John Elway

Joe Montana